Tuesday, January 05, 2010

I had to make an emergency trip to the dentist yesterday. That was a first (strangely).

While at church Jack fell and hit his mouth really bad. We thought it was just a bumped lip and it would be fine, but when we tried to feed him lunch he couldn't eat or drink he was in so much pain.

We thought the next morning would be better since mouth injuries tend to heal pretty quickly, but when he took a bite of something he started crying. After checking things out a little bit I realized that the pain seemed to be coming mostly from his teeth. Great.

Long story short, the visit was much less traumatic than I was expecting (expectation courtesy of Josh) it to be. One tooth is loose, but thankfully the root isn't broken. However they won't know for about a month (when we have to go back) if it's damaged the nerve endings or blood supply (which would make it turn brown).

Add additional medical bills boys incur to post below.

1 comment:

JLTan said...

How old is Jack?

A similar thing happened to me many years ago. I was rushing on foot to a travel agent, when I heard somebody whistle as though calling another. I turned my head to have a look and did not see where I was going. I ended up walking into a parking meter and hit one of my front teeth on it.

It bled, but I did not consult a dentist about it immediately. The tooth ended up becoming calcified.