Friday, February 04, 2011

Hanging Out

What a week.

Baby girl is still hanging out. Already a day longer than either of her brothers ever chose to.

God has decided now would be a good time to remind me that I control nothing in my life. NOTHING. And that no matter how many plans I make, or how well thought out I am, with one phone call, or one piece of news my whole world can easily be flipped upside down.

All fun things to think about when you're already dealing with the unknown of your impending labor and what all it will entail.

And I thought this would be a less stressful process since we weren't moving a month or 10 days after having this baby. Turns out moving may have been a helpful distraction....

I've been getting lots of advice to enjoy my last little bit of pregnancy, especially since we are thinking this will more than likely (according to our plans, but knowing God can change all that in a second) at the very least be the last one I birth. While I will say that this pregnancy has gone much smoother than the last two, and I'm holding up better with less pain and still sleeping fairly well, I am NOT one of those people who think this is an enjoyable process.

I'm already planning big things like being able to sleep on my stomach and give my husband a real hug, not to mention being able to actually eat AT the table instead of a foot away from it. Yes it is neat (when she's not shoving her foot into my ribs) to feel life inside of me, but I am much more looking forward to watching it happen in front of me. But that's just how I roll.

Josh came up to me the other day and puts his arm around me and says "mommy, I'm really sorry it's going to hurt when the baby comes out". I leaned down and looked at him and told him that it hurt really bad when he came out too, but that it was worth every bit of pain because I got to have such an awesome boy. I love how sweet both my boys are.

Generally I think pregnancy stinks. But if ten months and one day is what it takes to get one of my amazing boys, or this precious girl, than by golly I'll suck it up (having a few minor meltdowns along the way of course) and deal with it as best I can. TOTALLY worth it.

So we're all hanging out and waiting for Miss Thing to arrive. Josh has told me several times he thinks she is coming on Saturday. That would work well with our plans. So far both of the boys have come on the weekend and around a meal out. Guess we should eat out a lot this weekend!

Hoping to meet baby girl within a couple of days!

No comments: