Monday, September 19, 2011

7 months

Seven Months as of Thursday. I was in an accident last week so we are still trying to get back on schedule after that day of fun and now adding almost daily chiropractor visits to the schedule, so we're a bit behind again.

No doctor check ups so I'm not sure about height and weight, although I know she seems long and tiny to me. I'm also very pleased that she is FINALLY fitting into all the cute shoes we bought her before she was born. We bought her size 1 shoes, because it's practically impossible to find size 0 shoes, and the boys always had bigger feet. Well at 7 months (and thankfully when the weather is cooling down a bit) all her cute boots and flats are fitting. The girl is just petite all around. Her 3-6 month pants are a bit big on her.

Although she is in such a fun age (all be it the squirmy it's like holding a monkey phase) with her jabbering and interacting, and I cannot wait to see more of her personality come out part of me wants to keep her a tiny baby forever.

She is just so sweet. She smiles at everyone and is always happy. Even though she likes to move she will still lay her head on me and snuggle up, often times even falling asleep on me. I wish I could freeze the look she give me as well. She just looks up at me with those beautiful dark eyes with such adoration. She seems to think I'm it. Even though she adores her daddy and loves hanging with him, if I walk away she's looking around for me.

I know someday we will hit a difficult phase. Chris thinks I'm being dramatic, but I know it's just part of mother-daughter relationships. I know I'll have a door slammed on me at some point and our relationship will be strained. I'm trying to freeze the sweet look of adoration she gives me in my head for that moment. Remembering that even then when she's proclaiming her dislike for me, she needs me, and even if she won't say it, in some way she still adores me and needs me to be her mom. Someone to guide her and protect her and love her despite the yelling and moodiness.

On to the milestones.
  • We have two teeth that should be busting out at any point. Come on teeth!
  • We jabber. And squeal with excitement. Particularly at her three favorite boys (brothers and dad)
  • She has now said "mama" and "dada" in solicited form instead of a string of jabbering. Very close to calling for us.
  • She's started to get very ticklish
  • We do a slight army crawl when we get desperate
  • She really likes food, and is constantly trying to grab mine whenever I am holding her
  • She's learned to drink from a sippy, but just the big kid kind she sees brother drinking from
  • The closest she gets to throwing a fit occurs when she is put into her car seat. She just kind of whines for a minute. I think this is mainly because we practically live in the car. I kind of resent it as well.
  • The girl loves cords. She loves to roll to them. Speaker cords, lamp cords, Wii cords...anything she can get to.
I think that's the gist of the new stuff. Snuggly and sweet EvaKate.

No comments: