Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mundane

Via this website

"Mealtime is a gathering. The people you love the most come to the same place at the same time. Conversations happen; memories are made. There is laughter and tears. A strong family bond begins to form—a bond that grows stronger by doing it again tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that.

The mundane has purpose. If it weren’t for the ordinary duties of food preparation and kitchen cleanup, than this moment, this mealtime, this bond, wouldn’t exist."

With all we have going on I'm not always the best at doing arts and crafts or reading stories. Most of the time it's all I can do to keep everyone fed and mostly happy and try to keep up on the laundry. Let's not even talk about the house. But dinnertime...I think I do dinnertime really well. We eat healthy, I try to expose our kids to new food, we learn table manners (or at least attempt to) we pray, and we talk.

I do dinner. Sometimes it's the small things we do that we need to be reminded really aren't so small.

No comments: