Wednesday, February 22, 2012

One years old!

It's here. My last baby is no longer a baby. It's made it harder since she's decided to overnight turn into a toddler. Impossible to hold, fit throwing, into everything sums her up right now. Not quite as much fun as my sweet snuggly baby.

Admittedly though, this is one of my least favorite phases. I feel like all you do during this time is say no and correct. Plus their vocabulary is so limited, you can't really communicate with them and explain. It's all about keeping them moving and entertained, and staying on sleep schedule. And you pretty much loose your social life since taking them out in public is a painful experience on all involved. She has 4 top teeth coming through so I'm secretly hoping there's just some pent up aggression from that...but I'm not hanging my hopes on it.

We had her birthday party this past weekend and it was fun. I went way more overboard for a birthday party than is normal, but it was my first daughters first birthday, so I did it and did it big. And hopefully got it out of my system, because as cute as it may have been, it's not worth it. She would have been just as content to sit in my lap and read and play for 2 hours. Meanwhile I'm spending countless hours running around making all kinds of paper crafts and snapping at everyone in my rush. Hopefully I'll remember to tone it down next time.

Now for the rundown:
  • 20 pounds 2 ounces (girl has chunked up, no more 10% for her!) we were up to the 55%! Although all of the kids have always chunked up quite a bit before walking and then slimmed down significantly, so we're expecting her to drop in percentile again. Doc isn't worried, just said she's petite.
  • 28 inches long, 11% in height. Did I mention she's petite? Gonna be a shorty like her mama
  • 64% head. Still smaller than her brothers. We're just a big domed family.
  • Pulling up on everything, chairs, couches, the toilet, my pants leg...she'll take assisted steps but not standing on her own or unassisted steps yet. Hopefully soon!
  • She's crawling super fast, and wants to do it all the time, which is very inconvenient when you are trying to hold her in a place where she can't crawl around. Like the mall, or a restroom, or a restaurant, or a doctors office...pretty much anywhere other than home.
  • She's into everything. Opening drawers and cabinets, pulling out their contents, pulling all the books off their shelves...it's baby proofing time.
  • She jabbers all the time. Says dada and daddy, up, yes, a few others which we think are words but may be us reading into them
  • She signs more and done while eating. Her appetite has decreased but her thirst has increased. Girls loves her some water!
  • She's getting pickier on foods, and will flat out refuse some.
  • She still loves baths, and when I put her in the shower with me she will crawl directly under it and let it run over her head. She's going to be our water bug.
  • We got her a play kitchen for her birthday and she loves it. Especially when her brothers are home and "cook" for her.
  • She's started hitting, especially when told no. She also is throwing fits along with the hitting when told no.
Even though she's been a bit of a pistol lately, she is still very sweet. She gets so excited to play with us and he brothers, and she has a ton of energy. She loves shoes and to play with clothes, so I'm still hoping I got the perfect girl mix of someone who is fun and can play, but also someone who can be girly as well. We will see. It's fun to see more of her personality coming out, even if what is showing proves to be strong willed. We've already gotten one of those through the toddler stage and survived. May be extra exhausting, but she's worth it!

No comments: