Thursday, May 28, 2009

Josh has such a curiosity about Jesus and God right now, I love it. At least once a day he asks to hear a "God story", and every night he wants one also. He also prays on his own before we go to bed now.

We were in the car the other day driving and he saw something up in the sky, and then followed it with, "yeah, that's where God lives", I asked him where else God lives, and he said "your heart". But only if you ask him to live there, right? I replied. Have you asked God to come live in your heart? "Hey God come live in my heart" he yelled out.

Not sure he completely gets the concept yet, but I'm glad he's getting there, and has a desire for God to live in his heart.

Tonight he asked to hear the story of David and the rock (the story involves fighting, so he's totally sold on it). At the end he told me that when he sees bad guys he's going to pick up a rock and throw it at them. Seeing that the outcome of that could be potentially harmful, I cautioned him that we can only throw rocks at people if God tells us it's okay. He pondered that a minute, and quipped back "umh, he told me it was okay."

For all his stubbornness and inability to listen, he sure is a great kid. Smart, funny, handsome, and already loves Jesus. I'm pretty proud of my little man!

3 comments:

renee said...

this makes my heart smile! thanks, katie!

Kristin Eldridge said...

That's way cute.

Julie Seward said...

Novalie loves her paper doll Jesus. I'm pretty sure when they talk about Jesus in church she thinks they are talking about her little cardboard cutout doll that she keeps in her princess purse.