Friday, August 26, 2011

6 months

Well not only have we been a bit pre-occupied with funerals and traveling arrangements, I've been delaying writing this. I just don't want to have to think about the fact that her first year is already halfway over. It goes by way too fast. Thankfully she's started doing some ridiculously cute things to make it a little easier. So here is where she's at:

  • She is just under 26 inches and is 53% in height
  • Only 41% in her head circumference. Still shocking to me after the boys averaging 90% each visit
  • 14 pounds and 3 oz, putting her in the 15% of weight. Apparently her activeness and my healthy eating attempts is not lending itself to cute baby rolls.
  • She will say "mama" and "dada" not necessarily to us, just babbling. But she says it none the less. And we affirm it like crazy!
  • She can get anything she wants. Between rolling everywhere and being able to turn herself in circles she's pretty much fully mobile. Thankfully she's pretty chill so doesn't go after every little thing on the floor. Never the less the legos are about to be banned to the boys bedroom.
  • She can sit up. Not very steady and will still forget what she's doing and just leans back, but with a boppy she's good. She gets bored with it though because her aforementioned mobility is much more rewarding than sitting.
  • One of my favorite things she does is wrap her arms around me when I pick her up and kind of bury her face into my hair and neck. It's her version of snuggling I think.
  • Nursing is interesting these days because she wants to check out everything that is going on. And she forgets the food is not portable, despite her attempts at making it so.
  • She loves food and will eat the equivalent of two baby food jars at each feeding and she's eating solids twice a day. That 4 jars of baby food in one day. Good thing I can make that stuff myself. And our grocery store runs really good specials on it. ($.41 per jar of organic baby food! I can't make it for that!)
  • She refuses anything green unless it's mixed with fruit. No matter how hungry she is.
  • She's so easy going and has slid right into the hectic school schedule. She'll even let me get her up and put her in the car in the morning without feeding her until we get back home! She also naps just about whenever.
  • She grabs everything. If I'm holding her at dinner I have to hold her an arms length away or else she knows to grab the placemat the pull the food and drink towards her. She also will grab my earrings and hair but somehow seems to know to be gentle with both.
  • She grins when daddy comes home.
  • She "talks" to you when you're talking to her.
  • She adores her brothers and laughs for them
  • She loves baths and kick like crazy usually covering me and the rest of the bathroom
  • Some nights she tries to stay awake a little longer just to get some time with mommy and daddy just by herself (which we are typically thrilled to indulge). Even if I just lay her in her crib wide awake though she'll just fall asleep on her own, not a peep.
  • She got shots today, (I know, I changed my mind, mainly because our doc is so incredible, it's hard work being a parent and making tough decision. No ones got it all right or figured out.) the boys both would always look at me with the "why did you do this to me" look and then scream at me. She barely cried, and it wasn't screaming. Not much of a look either. She's SO good.
So that's where we're at. I'm sure at some point in her life it will be evident to me that she is a sinful imperfect being just like all of us. However right now she still just seems so perfect. I would be thrilled to do nothing more in a day than just play and snuggle with her. I'm excited about getting some more of that when Jack starts school soon. It's hard to get much of that time with the boys around. She's the most easy going so she's usually the one who gets the least attention. Those crazy boys!

I was remembering the other day what we went through getting pregnant with her and how much she was prayed for and over in my belly. She is such a gift and blessing and I am so grateful for my little princess!

No comments: