Monday, July 25, 2011

5 months

I'm 10 days late again... although I have a really great excuse this time: vacation.

Plus I really don't want to think about the fact that she's 5 months. Because that means she's 1 month from being half way done with being a baby. And I'm not ready for that.

I know I've gushed about how amazing she is (and probably somewhat annoyingly to some of you, I promise I had one very tough baby already!), but seriously I can't get over it.

She's is breathtakingly beautiful, happy, friendly, snuggly, sweet, a great sleeper and eater, and yet shows a fun and feisty side. I cannot wait to see the woman she grows into (although if the process would slow down I would be quite content with that).

There isn't a huge change to me from this month and last that's new, just improving on the other stuff.
  • She rolls over all the time and can hold herself up longer
  • She laughs out loud
  • She grabs EVERYTHING, her favorite toy being my hair
  • Once she gets something, it goes straight to her mouth
  • We're teething
  • She eats like a champ (solids still just once a day but she wants more)
  • She's started doing this smile that is really funny where she crinkles up her eyes
She also does this really cute thing when she's nursing; when I'm switching sides she sounds like she's going to hyperventilate with a little fussing thrown in if I take too long. She also smushes up her nose while she's doing this. Girl likes her food. It's cute.


Someone asked me in the grocery store today if I had any special tricks to getting a girl after two boys, my only reply was: a lot of prayer!

We prayed so hard for this girl. Not just her conception, but her. She is a walking answer to prayer and the grace of God and I am reminded of that daily. She is such a blessing and a joy!

No comments: