Thursday, July 14, 2011

Doctor Drama

I have a pediatrician here I love, she's great. Her first response isn't to immediately push drugs, she's great with all of my children and the practice is amazing when she is unavailable.

And then I decided I didn't want to vaccinate my children. And in a really nice way, I was kicked out.

I have a whole rant I could do on that, but we'll just skip on over that.

So. I have 3 kids who need a doctor who accepts the idea of non-vaccination (I'm not even looking for agreement), is great with all 3 of my kids and doesn't try to ram drugs down my throat every time I turn around.

We gave the first recommendation a try today.

Jack has had peeing issues....pretty much forever. He's been pee potty trained for about a year now so the fact that every time he has to go is "do or die" time is stressful, frustrating and after a year, concerning. So between that and a few other symptoms we thought we would see if there was anything to be concerned about.

Long story short, there's not. And it's a long story because I had 3 kids in a doctors office for an hour and a half. THREE KIDS. AN HOUR AND A HALF. Doctors offices are like mommy hell. The kids are on guard, if not cranky from already being sick, it's tight quarters with either a lack of entertainment or germ filled entertainment, they are usually being poked and prodded, and you have to try to hold at least one down and communicate with the doctor while keeping two others happy. AKA achieving the impossible.

Between the amount of time I was there and the doctors inability to once recognize or touch my child (who was the patient) not to mention the lack of any helpful advice or direction I'd say it was a fail.

Why are normal, nice, non drug pushing doctors so difficult to find?

I'm tired of feeling frustrated and defeated every time I have to deal with the medical industry.

No comments: