Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Seasons Change

I detest sorting through the kids clothes each season. Sorting out what gets given away, is too small for both of them, doesn't work, is too holey...not only is it a rather lackluster procedure but it's just another reminder of how big they are getting.

And now for the first time I have had to do it with EvaKate. I found myself brimming with tears staring at a pair of white pajamas with pink butterflies remembering her wearing them just after coming home while the boys held her for one of the first times.

Funny how at times parenthood seems to drag by at times and you wonder if you really will be changing diapers for the rest of your life or stepping on another lego. Then other times you look up and it seems as if you just started the insane journey and six years have flown by.

Sometimes I breathe a sigh of relief at the idea of being done with diaper changing and making regular appearances at the movie theater once again. And other times I want to break down into tears at the thought of it beginning to end and do crazy things like have more children, knowing I would be immersed in the same types of emotion after that one.

Letting go isn't easy, but whether I do it or not my kiddos are growing up.

No comments: