Monday, June 22, 2009

Today Jack is officially a year old.

Bittersweet. On one hand, I remember the time between one and two years being one of my favorite periods with Josh. So I have that to look forward to. On the other hand I am painfully aware of how fast time is going.

As I rocked Jack last night and looked into his sleepy blue eyes, I was aware of the fact that this could be my last time rocking a baby boy that is mine.

If we had decided to only have two children, than this would be it. It would be over. That makes me feel very old. It still seems like yesterday we had just started this whole parenting business, and now we're over halfway through with it. Winding down with babies and moving on to little leagues games and school.

So today as Jack comes and endearingly lays his forehead on me, is screaming at me for more food, while he giggles uncontrollably as daddy blows raspberries on his belly and crawls after his brother every where he goes, I will be extra thankful for this time that we have with our baby boy. Because before I know it he will be a toddler.

No comments: